The Auditor has been appointed as the Fiscal Officer for the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department by the District Judges. The Tom Green County Juvenile Board has appointed the County Auditor as Fiscal Officer for the Tom Green County Juvenile Probation Department. Coke County, Runnels County, Sterling County, Schleicher County, Irion County, and Concho County Juvenile Boards have appointed the Tom Green County Auditor as Fiscal Officer for the Coke County Regional Juvenile Probation Department.
The Fiscal Officer’s duties include:
- Managing and protecting funds, fees, state aid, and other receipts of money. Each program is to be maintained utilizing a separate self-balancing set of financial books and accounting records in accordance with proper fund accounting,
- Ensuring that financial transactions are lawful and allowable,
- Ensuring that the department operates from an approved budget,
- Developing and documenting written fiscal policies,
- Investing of idle funds,
- Preparing accurate and timely quarterly financial reports, as required,
- Preparing financial statements, including notes to the financial statements, at the close of each fiscal year or designated funding period.